Experienced Structural Engineer
San Francisco, CA
The Structures Division provides structural engineering services with emphasis on new design, repair and rehabilitation of constructed works, and investigation and performance evaluation. The Senior Staff I will be expected to conduct structural analysis, design, and investigative projects; complete and review analysis and design calculations; execute and manage the preparation of drawings and specifications; manage project budgets and schedules; assist with mentoring of junior staff; and interact with clients.
- Work on a wide range of structural-engineering analysis and design projects involving steel, concrete, masonry and wood structures.
- Plan and conduct site investigations to document existing conditions.
- Execute the construction-administration phase of projects.
- Serve as a project manager on smaller projects that may include:
- Seismic analyses and evaluations
- Design of residential, commercial and institutional buildings
- Investigation of structural failures and adverse performance
- Design of rehabilitation measures for problem structures
- Responsible for direct client contact within context of existing work.
- Pursue professional activities to gain professional recognition.
- Able to publish articles/papers.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the structural design of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood frame structures; MS in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License.
- Proficient in writing and editing of project specifications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.)
- Ability to travel to remote job sites not accessible by public transportation, and if applicable, an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
SGH has over 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. SGH considers all qualified applicants, and we encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.