Entry-Level Fire Safety Engineer
New York, NY
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national design and consulting engineering firm called upon by clients to provide creative and efficient solutions for challenging assignments. SGH provides services in Building Engineering, Infrastructure and Special Structures, and Construction Engineering. Since 1956, we have designed, investigated, and retrofitted buildings and structures of all types. Fire Engineering at SGH is a dynamic, growing team providing services to an array of clientele from architects and owners to insurance companies and lawyers. Our Fire Engineering areas of expertise include computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEA) computer modeling (fire effects, thermal response, and structural response), building, fire and life safety code consulting, and design of fire and life safety systems.
SGH is seeking an engineering professional for its fire engineering team. The ideal candidate will assist the group by working on a variety of fire engineering projects.
- Perform a wide range of tasks including client consultation, project management, and report preparation.
- Interface with building and fire officials.
- Provide support and participate in forensic and litigation activities.
- Take an active role in the growth and development of fire engineering at SGH.
- MS in Fire Protection Engineering preferred.
- Experience in fire protection engineering or related field.
- Professional Registration or ability to obtain registration in fire protection engineering or related field.
- Project management, system design, and computer modeling skills are desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
SGH has over 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants, and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.